Ads by google

godaddy

Tackle the Web with up to 5 new .COMs, $5.99 for the 1st year!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ireland spinner Regan West retires

Ireland spinner Regan West has announced his retirement from international cricket after failing to overcome a shoulder injury.
The 31-year-old took 56 wickets in 38 appearances for the Irish and was part of the squad which reached the Super Eight stage of the World Twenty20 in June 2009, but has not played since facing England two months later.

Despite undergoing a number of operations on his shoulder, West has had to admit defeat in his battle to regain fitness.

"I'm pretty gutted with the outcome really," West said.

He continued: "At the beginning it wasn't a case of 'if I would bowl again', it was just 'how long it would take to recover'. My left shoulder is not in good shape, so the recommendation that I shouldn't bowl again didn't come as a surprise but it is still very disappointing.

"I had a brilliant time playing for Ireland and have gained a lot of very good memories. I feel very privileged to have had the opportunity to represent Ireland, and it is sad for me that it is now over."

No comments:

Post a Comment