Ads by google

godaddy

Tackle the Web with up to 5 new .COMs, $5.99 for the 1st year!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Kevin Pietersen expect to be fit against Sri Lanka- Mazhar Majeed


London: Routers-English batsman Kevin Pietersen, who is enjoying his extended break away from the game due to injury, expects to be fit for England’s first Test of the summer against Sri Lanka.
Pietersen returned home from India during the World Cup with a hernia problem, although medical advice suggested the injury would not have deteriorated significantly if he had played through the pain.
He has since undergone an operation and has been spending time with his family instead of participating in the Indian Premier League, as he was contracted to do if fit.
“I’m not raring to go right now, not at all. I’m enjoying this break, it’s amazing. I’ve not had a break like this for seven years, playing for England. It’s something I’ve really enjoyed.
“I haven’t picked up a cricket bat of late, I haven’t even seen a cricket bat except on TV watching the IPL. I’ll start playing probably in the middle of May and try and get ready to prove my fitness for the first Test match,” Pietersen said.

No comments:

Post a Comment