Ads by google

godaddy

Tackle the Web with up to 5 new .COMs, $5.99 for the 1st year!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Tiger Woods: 'Working on' marriage with Elin

Tiger Woods is talking. A little. He granted ESPN and the Golf Channel five-minute interviews that took place yesterday at Isleworth Country Club in Windermere, Fla. Some highlights of the Golf Channel chat:
On the state of his marriage with Elin right now: "We're working on it and it's a process that will remain private between her and I."

On why he couldn't say no to women: 
"I don't know, now I know. It's part of what I learned in treatment, being there for 45 days you learn a lot. You strip away the denial, the rationalization and you come to the truth and the truth is very painful at times and to stare at yourself and look at the person you've become…you become disgusted."
UPDATE: USA TODAY's Mike Hiestand reports that CBS actually turned down the chance to talk to Tiger. They didn't like the restrictions put on the interview.
On becoming a national punch line:  "It was hurtful, but then again you know what? I did it. I'm the one who did those things and looking back on it now with a more clear head, I get it. I can understand why people will say these things because you know what, it was disgusting behavior. As a person, it's hard to believe that was me looking back on it now."
On what exactly happened Thanksgiving night: "It's all in the police report, they investigated it and they have it on public record, there's a lot of stuff between Elin and I that will remain private and that's about it."
On the bracelet he's wearing:  "It's Buddhist, it's for protection and strength and I certainly need that."
And from the ESPN chat:
On what Woods expects for a fan reaction to his return: "I don't know. I don't know. I am a little nervous about that, to be honest with you."
On confessing infidelity to his wife: "She was hurt, she was hurt. Very hurt. Shocked. Angry. And, you know, she had every right to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment