Ads by google

godaddy

Tackle the Web with up to 5 new .COMs, $5.99 for the 1st year!

Friday, February 10, 2012

Fabio Capello Quits amid Terry saga

Fabio Capello has reacted strongly after FA stripped Terry off captaincy as proceedings against him continue for racially abusing Anton Ferdinand.



The Football Association, in my opinion was within its rights and principally correct to remove the controversial captain as grave allegations overshadowed him. But on the other hand, Capello's reaction is also apprendible as a man of such authority was apparently not consulted when such a critical decision was being made about his team.

So lets take a look on reactions by a few English players followed by unreserved remarks by me:

Wayne Rooney

Gutted Capello has quit. Good guy and top coach. Got to be English to replace him. Harry Redknapp for me.

My Comment: Spot on Wayne. This guy never fails to speak up and says what he feels is right.

Rio Ferdinand
So Capello resigns....what now....

My Comment: Rio might see this as an opportunity to cement a permanent place in the team once again. But I doubt that he will be able to do this keeping in view his lingering back problem, new blood deserve a chance and should be allowed to play. Rio should be taken to the Euros as a sub. (This is coming from a United Fan)

Jack Wilshere
People have their own judgement on Capello but for a young player who was given the chance to play for my country at such a young age he has shown great belief and trust in me so I can only thank him.

My Comment: Wilshere is rightly thankful to Capello as he gave him the chance to show his mettle on the top level.

Kyle Walker
Gutted to see Fabio Capello go, he put a lot of trust in me and gave me my first cap. just want to say a big thanks really.

My Comment: Walker is rightly thankful to Capello as he gave him the chance to show his mettle on the top level.

Glen Johnson
Sad news to see Capello step down. Good man and a Good manager.

My Comment: Capello might be a good man Johnson, but his departure may endanger your position. I think Micah Richard deserves a chance for his consistent performances and should be used against attacking teams.

Michael Owen
Don't know if was just me but it never felt right in the first place knowing the England manager was heading off after the Euros regardless.

My Comment: Dont be silly Owen, I know you will welcome the next manager by saying that he is the best for this job. But you still dont deserve a chance in the England team again, so start looking for a pundti's vacancy in a sports channel as you are well past your prime.

Quotes Courtesy: BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment